Inspired by 50 Ways to Love Your Neighbor. Let me give it a jump start, can’t come out with 50 at one go. But 7 is possible. “Neighbor” here begins with the people really staying next to you or the same floor with you. But it extends to “Neighbors” at work, school, interest groups, clubs, other drivers on the road, etc. Anyone who is not “you” 🙂
Ready, set . . . go!
1. Remember to use the signal light to indicate whether you are turning left or right while driving.
2. Don’t simply throw rubbish (includes spitting). Watch WALL.E if you don’t understand.
3. Register to vote, and vote wisely. Don’t wait till one month before the next election. Performance now! 🙂 Imagine what a sudden surge of registrations would do to those who are in power or desire power . a reminder it’s an entrusted power to serve?
4. Purge all traces of racism and discrimination of any kind (e.g. disabilities, migrant, religion, social standing, etc) . Start hanging out with people who are different from you. Be their friend, that’s even better.
5. Smile at the people who are in the same lift with you. (They may think you are crazy, prove them right by singing in the lift. Try You are my sunshine!)
6. Join a good cause you believe in. There’s plenty out there.
7. Add your own 7 ways to Love Your Neighbor. Tell people about it, do a blog post, take pictures, spread the word, and be creative. But more importantly Just do it!