I’m picking out seven quotes by a new author I’m reading hopefully to jump start my “seven series”.
1. We can identify with Frodo and Sam, setting off not knowing quite where they are going and what they are to do.
2. Celibacy is not just a matter of not having sex. It is a way of admiring a person for their humanity, maybe even for their beauty.
3. When I left school, I became a friend for the first time of people who were not Christians, and who tried to convince me that my views were crazy.
4. I believe that my own Christian faith does indeed make universal claims.
5. One of our deepest needs is to be at home.
6. To be a preacher requires two apparently contradictory qualities: confidence and humility.
7. We need a place in which we may flourish and be ourselves.