My favorite one which applies to Lutherans as well …
“You don’t have to know how to swim to get baptized. “
I think the opening sentence is spot on : ” So often the Christian faith which atheists reject is impoverished. A fuller version depends on a recovery of the sense of the Trinity as the model for all Christian life”
I almost read coffee bean đź™‚
“How could a God who created a world with 300 kinds of hummingbirds be the same God who requires religious conformity?”
It’s been a while since I’ve revisited this .. the word internal cleansing made me giggle …
“To begin your internal cleansing, you will need to jot down the required information in the following five steps:
- What are your values? Values steer your actions and determine where you spend time, energy, and most importantly, money. Be specific and unique to yourself. Too much generalization will not be as effective. It is called a “personal” mission statement for a reason.
- What are three important goals you hope to achieve this year? Keep your list of important goals small and give them a date. It is better to focus on the horizon and not the stars. Realistic goals are keys to ultimate success.
- What image do you hope to project to yourself? How you see yourself is how the world will view you. Think about this carefully. Your image should encompass what you look like and feel after you have achieved your goals.
- Write down action statements from each value describing how you will use those values to achieve your three goals. Start with “I will…”
- Rewrite your statement to include only your action statements. Make portable copies for your wallet, car or office.”
a thinking hour … hmmm … good idea.