We are organizing a special awareness talk to highlight a much neglected topic. We would like to invite you to this event for sharing of knowledge, mutual encouragement and building new networks to provide solutions to an issue to big for any one of us to handle on our own. Please feel free to pass the word around. Space is limited to about 100 people in our current premises so register as soon as possible. The rest of the information is below. You can download the pdf flyers herePS The Children Flyer (Front) and PS The Children Flyer (Back)
“Protect and Save the Children” Awareness Talk
Preventing child sexual abuse by empowering communities
Saturday, 16 August 2008, 4.30–6.30 pm
The Father’s House (Bangsar Lutheran Church)
23, Jalan Abdullah off Jalan Bangsar, 59000 Kuala Lumpur
Light refreshments will be served before the talk
Every now and then, we hear news reports of children abducted or abused. For each of these tragedies, many more go unreported. Every child has the right to be loved and protected. But who will stand up for their rights?
Facts on child sexual abuse (CSA)
- Any act of sexual contact between a child and an adult is CSA
- Can be the result of force, coercion or trickery
- Happens in all countries – to any child, any time, anywhere – including Malaysia
- Goes beyond statistics, as it is often unreported
Preventing CSA is an enormous task. But the first step is easy. Come to the Protect and Save the Children Awareness Talk on child sexual abuse.
Who should attend?
- Relatives of children
- Public policy makers
- Corporate decision makers
- Childcare givers
- Religious leaders/caregivers
- All who care about children and society
PS the Children Awareness Talk will cover:
- Definition, Types and Characteristics of CSA
- Understanding the Sex Offender
- Causes of CSA
- Methods on Teaching Personal Safety to Children
- Why Children Fear Disclosing CSA
- What to Do in the Event of CSA Disclosure
It takes an integrated approach by the community to prevent CSA and keep our children safe. Your participation is vital – join us!
For Registration – SMS or email:
About PS the Children
Protect and Save the Children is a non-profit organisation focused on creating a safe and nurturing environment for children. Silence and ignorance allow sexual abuse to breed. Thus, we educate. Surviving sexual abuse is a difficult road. Hence, we conduct therapeutic programmes to help victims heal, walking with them throughout the reporting and court processes. Ultimately, we empower children through life skill programmes and personal safety knowledge. Become an agent of social change – join us..
PS the Children
Bangsar Lutheran Church